Another finish this week! Just a small one, a crib quilt, that I posted about a couple of weeks ago that was in progress. This little quilt is a simple four patch and very quick to make up, and I used chosen 3.5 inch squares from my shoe box stacked with the thousand cut squares that I have been working on.
I probably could produce dozens of these except after a while the simple lines and easy piecing would have me looking for a challenge, so I'm just doing one for now.
The statistics for this little quilt are:
finished size 36 inches x 42 inches
60 - 3.5 inch squares, sewn into 15 light/dark four patch units
15 - 6.5 inch squares, sewn alternately with the four patch units
Border, 3.5 inch wide, width of fabric (at least 36 inches) -- make sure to sew the border strips onto the longer side first then sew the top and bottom border strips.
I also made the binding for this quilt out of the same as the pink retro fabric and is made up of 5 width of fabric strips that were cut at 2.5 inches wide.
I am having so much fun figuring out variations of quilts to make using mostly the 3.5 inch squares that I cut and that I am still cutting from my stash of older but perfectly acceptable fabrics. The challenge is in the choice of colours and their placement along with keeping it reasonably quick and simple.
Next week, I will have nine patch blocks, sashed with a narrow black -- check back to yesterday's post about the Inspiration that came in my front door! After that one I am planning a bit of a tutorial for a different setting of nine patch that I think you will enjoy.
Back to the sewing room, sorting and pawing over that Inspiration that I mentioned!