Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Super Summer Snippy Challenge Part Four

I managed to get another "flimsy" done this weekend and took progress photos of it as I put it together, so this one is a pictorial tutorial of sorts.  If by chance you want to follow this quilt top plan you should go to the end of the photos and read the statistics part, so you can get prepared for putting it together.







And then you put the 20 blocks together 4 blocks across and 5 down to make the quilt.



The statistics of this quilt top are:

Top measures 48 inches wide by 60 inches long
 and there are 120 -  3.5 in squares,
20 light 6.5 x 3.5 strips,
20 light 9.5 x 3.5 strips
(it takes about 1.3 meters of fabric for the light strips and the same amount of fabric for the dark strips)
 20 - 6.5 x 3.5 dark strips
 and 20 - 9.5 x 3.5 dark strips.

Now because my goal is 10 quilt tops to donate to my quilt guild's charitable quilts program by the second week of September, I am constantly mulling in my mind ideas to use up the 1000 plus 3.5 inch scrappy squares.   So I am thinking that the next combination of squares, will be almost the same as this quilt except instead of sashing strips, I am planning to use a feature fabric, or perhaps I can find sort of I spy type fabrics, and they will be cut into 6.5 inch squares with the scrappy 3.5 inch squares that I already have cut as the "sashing" all around the feature... 

If you have not been following my own little challenge, take a look at the "LABELS" on the sidebar and click on Super Summer Snippy Challenge and the posts I have done so far will come up on your screen.

Today, I think I will stay out of the sewing room, mainly because we need some food in the house, so it is off to the grocery store and the post office to mail a couple of parcels -- one that is WAY late for a little niece's birthday!