It seems like it has been months since I got out and went anywhere except my back yard...
With no particular destination in mind, we (that's the light of my life and Pearl the dog) got in the car and drove out in the country.
I grew up on a small farm. I need the sight of fields and space every now and then.
Seems fast, but not so much, going downhill on Lefevre Rd into Glenn Valley, which is on the south side of the Fraser River, between Ft Langley and Abbotsford, BC
This is beautiful land for growing, horses, cows, cranberries and whatever else the landowners find space for.
Grasses as high as the fence posts! Can you imagine being 10 years old and running willy-nilly through the fields?
A Mama and her baby...
Then we were tempted to stop by the side of the road and a long horned red cow was curious to come see what we might be doing.
and then because we must have had something important to say, or Pearl was a new curiosity to them, a lovely Pinto Pony came over to converse also.
We drove a bit further, along the River Road to Ft. Langley and went for a walk in a little park by the Fraser River.
Such a beautiful well kept park, but there is always a flaw and I am so glad them missed pulling out this Dandilion!
A bit of River Watching -- the water is high and very very fast!
Then, back to town and some thrift store shopping and a sandwich for lunch. Now today I am content to be at home in my own little space, but I sure do enjoy going out into the world...