Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Inspiration and Motivation

I suspect that when you are inspired by something you also then are motivated to accomplish your goals...

Which is not to say that you must be inspired to be motivated, but it certainly helps, doesn't it?  And where does inspiration come from?  Sometimes it sneaks in quietly and in a tiny little flash you realize that a simple little thing has given you a wonderful idea!   Then, inspiration can come right in your front door and say, "This is gonna grab ya!"

Friday evening my friend Doris stopped by and brought me a three big bags of inspiration!  Doris, was a go between, though, the inspiration came from another quilter by way of Doris.   That is one of the great things about belonging to a group of like minded people -- Quilters in this case.



I have been working on cutting and piecing some of my older fabrics, that I just can't get rid of but has been in my stash way too long, so I am making a stack of quilt tops to donate to a variety of Good Causes in my community.

After a time, tho, the fabrics that I have been cutting and sewing together becomes, and has been for years, too familiar.

Now, this wonderful infusion of unfamiliar fabrics has given me motivation to continue with my Super Summer Snippy Challenge, which this week will be at the half way mark to my goal...
(and I will post tomorrow the most recent finish)

This is alot, and I repeat ALOT ! of lovely fabric of which a goodly share will be passed along to some of my other quilting friends, but first, I get to pick and add bits to the next few donation quilt tops!



In progress are a bunch of nine patch blocks. Before I saw the fabrics in the bagsI was just going to sew the block together side by side but then in one bag were the perfect strips to use as a narrow sashing.  Sparkly black background with golden musical notes.   The nine patch blocks are all from my stash, the black brightens all the colours, just because thats what black does. 


Isn't it wonderful when inspiration comes in the front door?  Not that I am greedy, but I am keeping my eyes open for any and all inspiration to come my way!  Part of this inspiration, I think, is to try to pass some part of it along.  I'll have to think on that...