Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lacey Crochet Collar

Every morning I do a bit of exploring on the internet and sometimes something grabs my attention and I JUST HAVE TO DO IT.

This morning I came across a blog, by linking from another blog that I had linked from, so that the trail to Lulu Loves was a very crooked path!

She had a free pattern posted recently for a crochet collar. I have been thinking for quite a while that I would like to JAZZ up a couple of my plain t-shirts...

So.


I made one.


Read about Lulu Loves crochet collar and check out her clear and simple instructions for making this collar.  It is written in UK terms, so if you go by American, the htc is a hdc and the tr is a dc, other than that it worked out fine for me.  I made mine just a few stitches smaller, but I did use a heavier yarn than suggested so I went 8 stitches shorter on the foundation chain. 

go to http://www.lululoves.co.uk/item/crochet-collar-pattern.html  for the blog post about it and the pdf file link too

This whole collar took me less than two hours to make up -- I was also watching a movie called He was a Quiet Man and the movie finished up just as I was sewing on the button.

Now, I guess I will just have to go have a nap...