Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

SSSC and Walter in a Beauty Contest!

If you have been reading for awhile you will know that I gave myself a challenge over the summer, Super Summer Snippy Challenge, where I made 10 quilt tops.  Well, as of yesterday, one of the quilts has been completely finished!  My friend Lin at my quilt guild, took the top home and layered and quilted it and brought it back to me to put on a label and to bind it.  Click on the tab along the top of this page that says Quilts of the Super Summer Snippy Challenge  you can see a couple of photos of this latest finish!

But before you do that, I must tell you that Walter -- you know Walter, right? -- is in a beauty contest!  I am not sure why I put him in the contest cause he is one guy that should be first judged on brains not just beauty!  Did you know that recently he has figured out how to open the door to the sewing room?  Yes, he does!  He has an overwhelming urge to follow me about the house, but I prefer to keep him out of the sewing room when I am working...  He has his system of opening the door -- it is a regular door knob type door and since he figured this out it is impossible for me to go and sew in peace!   Walter is at the Quilt Pattern Magazine website, but you have to be a subscriber to vote for him (here is the subscription page, if you are interested http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.com/subscribe.html )

This is the photo that shows how pretty he is!  and a couple more -- he is of course helping me to iron some completed star blocks, holding them nicely while I try not to plop the iron down on his paws!

 
being quite pensive, I think he is getting a bit bored with holding blocks...

 
and, telling me, that is enough ironing for one day, testing out a block to see how well it might fit him...

 
Oh, and I am linking up with Friday Felicities at http://www.felicityquilts.com/2012/11/friday-felicities.html