Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall Fearless and Fly - Challenge Three

I have to say, this one was a real challenge for me! 

The Challenge prompts were:


Headline Prompt: Triumphs and Defeats: What do you see as your greatest triumphs or defeats? What have they taught you? Which have you learned more from?
Color Prompt:
Black and white
Quote Prompt:
Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

 
I have incorporated in my Challenge this time only the colour prompt -- black and white.   I just could not get over that hurdle for the longest time, and it is the only thing I concentrated on for a good week before finally making some sense of it and picking up a micron pen and a sharpie marker and touching them to some lovely textured cardstock (11"x8.5") that my son gave me.
 
This started with the desire to capture a remnant of my summer garden and developed with the desire to fill the whole piece of paper.  About half way through, I realized I was creating a version of a Zentangle!  A drawing form that I had looked at and read a bit about but had not actually made any effort to create on my own...
 
 
So, this challenge really only speaks to the colour prompt, because whether or not it is a triumph or a defeat is not really pertinent to a first attempt at any art form I think.   I don't think it is great but neither do I consider it a failure.  It is a first time effort...
 
I am linking up with the Artists in Blogland Fall, Fearless and Fly series of challenges at http://artistsinblogland.blogspot.ca/2012/10/fall-fearless-and-fly-third-challenge.html  where you can check out how others have 'answered' the challenge prompts, just clik on a thumbnail there that intriques you!
 
I am also linking up with the Needle and Thread Network  Wednesday, work in Progress, even tho this has nothing to do with sewing on crochet or knit, but because I am actually considering redoing the floral part as a embroidery for a small wall hanging I am very slowly designing, and because this whole challenge is a work in Progress!