I stayed at my elder son's apartment. He is such a stranger and yet so familiar! I only get to see him a couple times a year, but he is so like me but in a completely different direction. I don't think that makes sense to most people though. His apartment is jam packed with his 'hobby'. He is creative and an explorer and always to looking to learn new things. He is an expert but yet is very modest about it...
This is one corner of his dining room... Which is not really a dining room - like the upstairs bedroom in my house is not a bedroom but a sewing studio. He not only makes music, but he makes things that make music!
So that was a fine and very leisurely little jaunt. Our BC Ferries ride, both going to Vancouver Island and coming back to the Mainland was amazingly peaceful. I guess because we did our little trip on Sunday - Monday the Ferry at best was only 60% full, at least that is what the sign said as we approached the toll booth. Makes one wonder how "the powers that be" can justify raising the price, when they get fewer and fewer riders because it costs too much...
I suspect it will be another year or two before I am over to the island...