All this pressure to spend money actually makes me feel guilty for having an ETSY store!
I received extra email from some of the stores that I "subscribe" to their flyers, pushing me to spend money at their stores. Normally in the year, they send one weekly flyer to remind me to come buy things at their place, but this weekend I got emails from the "book place", from the "computer place", from the "crafty place", from the "fat lady store" and even from the "stuff yourself with sweets and high fat content foods place", I even got an extra email from the "dress your dog in reindeer antlers and buy your cat a 5--tier climber place". Late in the day an email even came from the "repaint your walls and install a new bathroom before Christmas store"! At one point midday on Saturday I had 42 emails pop in all wanting to sell me a fantastic gadget that will go faster, jump higher, make me thinner, make me prettier, teach me how to save money, put on make up, give me two dresses for the price of one and other things that I did not bother to look at before I clicked on DELETE. I'm sure I missed something that when I find out what a good deal it was I will feel bad for about three tenths of a second...
I do realize that without those who do buy these things, the advertisers wouldn't be encouraged to innundate me (us) with advertisements for all that we might need, all that we might want, and even all that we didn't know we needed!
So, if you don't mind helping me to feel even more guilty, go over to my ETSY shop and buy even more stuff! hahahaha
I don't even have a sneaky gimmick to increase my sales, I won't tell you that if you buy from me, you are helping the poor and the homeless because if I make a scarf that doesn't sell, I will give it to the local homeless shelter next year... I won't try to pull on your heart strings by selling you a 'token' to give to a homeless person and if he ever finds me, I will promise to make him a scarf for next winter (if I can find him)...
Wishing you all, happy shopping with little disappointment when the thing doesn't work, or fit, or go....
Now wasn't that a grumpy blog post!