Today, Three more completed by Wenda McIntosh. She took three of the tops I made and layered, and basted, and quilted and put on binding. She used a simple meander for the quilting and it made these quilts for charity look quite Bright and Happy!
This one so bright and in a way, like an I spy, just picking out any of the different toys on the black background fabric. Horns, and purses, hats and shoes... So fun!
This one, simple ninepatches, surrounded with a narrow sashing that has musical notes. Just right for the older child to snuggle under!
This one is definately a girly quilt, do you think? I actually did not really care for this quilt, but after receiving a number of complements on it from some of the members of my guild, I am looking at it with new eyes. Wenda did a great job on quilting this one too.
Now, this project has been so successful for me and has given me a bit of a "Glow" that one gets when one GIVES -- I am planning another series along the same lines. A Challenge to create beautiful quilts for people in Need. My plan is not completely formulated yet, but I am wondering if any of you out there would like to work along with me? Your quilt or quilts should be donated to a local charity in your area... I will write more on this project in a week or two so come back if you want to make a contribution to your community.