You do know that I write for the Canadian Quilter's Association, don't you? Aw, Well, now you do! I used to write for the magazine as Miss Snips Notebook, which was a column dedicated to finding and describing quilting tips and techniques. I stopped writing the column in 2009, but now I am reprising those columns for the CQA webpage - on the Member's Pages, so if you are a member each month I add some of the tips from magazine issues but am also including new things that I find. The tips are posted around the middle of each Month, so check out the Members Pages at http://www.canadianquilter.com/member-area/index.php
Anyway, because I "work" for the CQA I have been invited to show a quilt at the annual CQA show, which will be in Penticton BC from May 16 to 18 -- and I live only about a 4 hour drive from Penticton! Click on this link for more details about the show - http://www.canadianquilter.com/events/quilt-canada-2013.php
It is a national juried and judged show, but within the "BIG" show is an invitational show which will include those who do work for CQA.
And since I am invited, I shall not pass up the opportunity. I am thinking on what I can make -- of course it needs to be something new - something that reflects my current quilting ideas and feelings... I did start something yesterday... You can't see it yet, it is just cut up strips of fabric, but there are no "first" dibs on viewing it because it doesnt win prizes and is not judged officially. But lets just say it will reflect my tendancy to accept other people's left overs to make charitable quilts... And once it is shown, it will be donated to my guild's We Care charitable quilts program...
And Just cause a blog post needs a photo, this is my reading material this weekend... A few issues of The Beaver Magazine - known as Canada's History Magazine. My mother collected these and I inherited them - there are issues back to 1959! So every now and then I pull out a few and read up on little known bits of Canadian History.