Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

I was Invited - part 2

So, yes I have started the quilt that I am planning to show at the 2013 CQA Invitational Show in Penticton come May 16 - 18.

Way back in May, I was given a couple of grocery type bags of fabric scraps -- I managed to get them mostly used up in my own little project of creating 10 quilts for my guilds charitable quilts program.

 
Then a couple weeks ago I got another really nice stack of fabric scraps again... I am not really one to choose those prints with alot of metallic bits, nor generally do I choose 'character' prints so these scraps have been taking some of my PONDERING time to think about how best to use them...

In this stack were a few 'Asian" style prints, so I combined and cut them using a kind of disappearing nine patch, but not.  Mostly I cut strips 2.5 inches wide and sewed them log cabin style around a 10" square, then the piece square is cut into 4 squares and that is the block.    Each fabric was chosen at random.  I am adding narrow black sashing - which was scrap fabric from the first bagfulls of left overs.  Now, like I said these are not fabrics I would have bought myself...

But they are coming along -- I'm not even sure I like it so far...


Well, I will keep you posted as this little quilt (about lap size I think)
progresses - come back tomorrow for more details and a bit of tutorial of how these blocks are put together...

Hellow! to those visiting via Blogathon Canada and Sew Sisters Quilt Shop!   Hope you are enjoying chasing down all the Canadian Blogs on this tour!  Thanks to Blueberry Patch for sending you my way!

SewSistersQuiltShop