Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Snips

Sunday's seem to be family day amoungst the people that i know.  Many of my relatives and friends attend church, which I do not, and concentrate their Sundays with children and grandchildren, sisters and brothers.   So, I don't get email, or phone calls or really any contact other than my own son, who may say, "See you later", or What's for Dinner?" as he heads out the door before 7am on his way to work.  Or, my husband may say something on his way in or out, as it is usually a work day for him too.  My Sunday's are usually very quiet...

So, on Sunday's, I am often introspective and thoughtful.  

I generally read, or explore variations of my favourite crafts or arts and enjoy myself with little or no interruption, except if the dog wants to make a little trip out in the back yard.

 
I found, at a thrift shop, a little book of Friendly Wisdoms published by Carlton Cards in 1968 that I find myself looking at quite often.  This little booklet sits at my computer desk and I find myself picking it up and leafing through the pages (there are only 18) while waiting for slow internet sites to load. 
 
The art work has such a wonderful style about it and glows with innocent whimsy.
 
This bit of wisdom is such a gentle way of telling our children, NO, you are still to little to do that, but someday when you grow more you can certainly try it...
 
Little Boats must keep near to shore, bigger Ships may venture more.