I am making an effort to find my "voice". I do believe it is somewhere between Traditional and Modern, and between using patterns and self expression...
Sometimes it is an odd place to be. I find that I don't like frilly but I do like feminine -- soft floral shades and enhancements like embroidery. I like a good geometric repetitive block design -- my favourite? Churn Dash/ Hole in the Barn Door. I love the strong geometric contrasts of Modern Quilts and I totally enjoy the idea of threadpainting...
How to settle myself?
This week (and last week too!) I have been wanting to create what places that sell high end stuff are calling a BED RUNNER. Fancy hotels now seem to have them on the big fluffy down filled coverlets - probably to add a splash of colour to an otherwise neutral room...
Anyway.
I started out this project with pink and green -- they didn't go together even though I did get favourable comments -- were you just being nice? Thats okay, it is good for the ego but it wasn't what I was aiming for, even though I thought it was, then.
I am still stuck on the Dresden Plate applique pattern and have cut and pieced about 20 of them! I do get carried away sometimes!
So. With the Dresdens, and this new background for them, along with a random placement of the dresdens, this is where I am... The dresdens are temporarily placed and I am thinking of putting them a bit closer together...
Does it need more dresdens? Should the dresdens be brighter, or perhaps darker neutrals? Still a ways to go with this, but at least I think this is closer to what i want... Hmmm???
By the way, please excuse the shadows and odd lighting, the sun was streaming in the window and it made for rather uneven light on my "design' wall...
Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network (clik the link on my sidebar)