First up is one of the earliest quilt tops that I did. It is finished up and has been delivered through Quilts of Valour to CFB Chilliwack where it will be passed along to one of our current or former military personnel.
Carolyn send me this photo of the finished quilt.
I really liked this one, and almost kept it for myself -- but this was done a while back and as things progressed I liked each quilt top that I put together better than the last, so it wasn't too hard to send it along to Quilts of Valour.
Today.
I finished the 10th quilt.
I have been procrastinating with this last one, mainly because I didn't know "where it was going". Now if you have been following my progress this summer one thing about all these quilts is that they are based on 3.5 inch squares, or strips that are 3.5 inches wide and whatever length... I still had quite a few already cut 3.5 inch squares and wanted to really make a dent in the pile with this NUMBER 10 quilt.
It started out in CHUNKS...
Would you call it INTERESTING? or just Plain ole` NUMBER 10?
The statistics of this quilt are:
280 - 3.5 inch squares make up this quilt (the second highest number of squares in one of these challenge quilts)
It is 14 squares wide by 20 squares long.
The quilt has a narrow 1.25 inch inside border and then a 4.5 inch wide outside border.
The total quilt measures 53 inches by 71 inches.
I also made 260 inches of binding for the finished edge of this quilt.
So, now the question is, even tho I have a couple weeks before my deadline, do I see if I can fit another quilt in, or do I rest on my "laurels" and call it finished? HMMMM....
and just cause he is so pretty sitting up on the 2nd story balcony of our townhouse, here is a pic of WALTER looking down on me, as any good cat is want to do!
** updated to add ***
I have made a "Page" where you can see all the quilts that are included in this Super Summer Snippy Challenge together. Just go to the top of my page and click on the tab that says Supper Summer Snippy Challenge!
NOW, onto a bit of something new...
I think, Applique... Dresden Plates?!