Like anybody in this world, I certainly have alot of things in common with the rest of humanity but I suspect this blog post is supposed to tell you about the things that I think are a bit different about me.
I am not a Rose in the garden, tho I certainly do love Gardens and Roses are wonderful in their place, but I am a Dandylion. There are alot of Dandylions in the world but you usually find them just where they upset the balance and cause problems. As a Dandylion I am somewhat contrary to many of the people's thoughts and opinions around me, but I know I have a special bit of brightness and that's what people like about me and what they find most frustrating, too.
I am mainly a quiltmaker, it is my hobby but I think it has become a major part of my life, so it is my work too. On the Feature Friday blog post it mentions that I have created a quilt (which is just a top so far) made from Moda's French General fabrics. I won a jelly roll and a couple of charm packs of this fabric and below is the completed top -- I am planning to hand quilt this one. Just one of those really special ones and I want to give it a special finish.
You might be able to tell that I am working on some dresden plate blocks. This pile of pieced dresdens are going to serve two purposes, beyond the obvious -- to make a quilt of some sort. First, I was asked to teach a machine applique class for my guild later this year, so I am working on creating the SAMPLE, which I am planning as a fairly large table runner. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out! That is the funnest part of creating, isn't it? Even though we might have an idea of a project, it is not till it is done that we really know how successful the project was!
The second purpose of these Dresden blocks is going to be as blocks for sale in my Etsy Store. I am not getting rich selling things on line but I really am enjoying, making and selecting and even de- stashing my own stuff and going through the process of photographing, describing and posting things to sell in my store. I try to keep things to sewing related, but I do venture off into other areas. I have a lot of Vintage sewing things, clothing patterns from the 1960's and 70's, wooden thread spools and Buttons, mostly vintage and unusual finds. Take a look if you are so inclined at http://www.etsy.com/shop/susanbeingsnippy
Did you ever wonder what an online shop looked like, while it was not online?
I try to keep it all reasonably organized so that I can find what someone has ordered. There it is, though. The white plastic drawers are filled with toques and scarves that I have been making in anticipation for the fall and winter and soon will be posted in the shop. Also not on those shelves right now is some Christmas Goodies -- Vintage things that I can hardly wait to show, but not just yet. I don't want to be a Costco and have Christmas stuff out on the shelves in Summer!
So that is just a bit more about me, and if you should want to come by to visit or even if you need a few sewing or quilting or even crochet tips, here is a picture of my front door! If I don't get to the door right away,( cause I live in a townhouse that is what is called a 3 level split which means we actually have 6 levels), you can sit on the very old church pew for the minute or two while I get down to the door...
PS... And just now arrived in my mailbox is the fall issue of Canadian Quilter Magazine. AND. I am in there too! Totally forgot! On page 52 is an article I wrote, Just a Click away, so check it out if you have a subscription to the magazine!