“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” ~Vincent Van Gogh
Friday, March 19, 2010
Presents
Used to be, birthdays and other present days were all crowded together between the end of September and Christmas -- but now as new babies have been born into new generations, all the present days are bunched up between Christmas and the end of March! So we are off on a weekend adventure to Victoria, BC to deliver a selection of presents to the great nieces! I think one of the wonderfulest ideas to come along in recent times is the gift bag. I have four great nieces so instead of wrapping lots of little presents in individual gifts with lots of ribbon and wrapping --- a bit of loose tissue in the bag covers all those little gifts and saves me, time and moola! Besides, I went to one of the second hand stores and over in the crafty section they have dozens of gift bags for every occasion and for every size! At 40 cents a bag, it is a win-win situation...
One of my favourite things about Victoria, is the second hand store shops -- they just seem to have better stuff, than over here... the WIN (women in need) shops are really my favourite ones -- alot of stylish clothing and accessories, alot of interesting fiction, nice selections of costume jewellery, too -- though I don't wear jewellery, it is always pretty to look at -- though it does lack in the craft department, I wonder why? Value Village is the place for fabrics and yarns and I am on the look out for some light cottons to make some summer tops, lots to do over there to fill three days of visiting and shopping... Perhaps I will find something extra special in the second hand stores there -- I almost always do...
So I will be back by Tuesday with another couple of tips... and some pictures from Victoria!
