Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Pearl "Cute" Barker

Sometimes I question why we take on the responsibility of owning pets.  The work, the cost, and in someways a curtailing of freedom.

Dogs need baths, whether they like them or not.  Dogs get fleas, so the flea stuff you put on them costs a fortune and then the Dog brings the fleas into the house and goes onto the cats which means more flea stuff for the cats...

They all occasionally puke, and most often it is where it is hardest to clean up, like on a sweater that was left on the corner of the bed.   Oh and speaking of sweaters, you can't have a real wool sweater, unless you keep it hidden from the wool eating cat!

 Food.  Always something, more cans more bags, more treats

Since I was married in 1972, I have not been without a cat, usually two cats in my house and in all those years, we have lived with a dog (three in a row) for the last 18 years.

But, what would you call this? 


JOY!

is there anything more joyful that having your dog run back to you with the stick you have thrown for the 38th time?

I can't imagine living a life without such a wonderful creature to share my home, my time, my love...