Beginning in 1998 up until the end of 2009, I wrote a column called Miss Snips Notebook which appeared in the Canadian Quilter Magazine.
I needed to take a breakin 2009 partly because of illness and because of a few life events that took a toll on me that I was having a hard time working my way through and because I was feeling that I did not have the content that was needed to write a good column.
Now, Miss Snips is returning. Miss Snips will have the quilting tips revised and updated once each month -- usually about the middle of the month -- on the Canadian Quilt Association website. My column will now appear on the Members Only page, so you will need to sign into the page with your member number.
I'm sorry that if you are not a member this page will not be available to you, BUT if you are considering becoming a member, which has some very nice perks, including getting the Canadian Quilter Magazine you can subscribe/become a member at the same website as above. PS. If you do sign up (and pay your membership fee, yes there is a fee) please fill in the part of the form and say who referred you -- ME, Susan Barker!
I would very much appreciate it if you can go read my new column and I would also ask that if you have an idea or a good tip that all quiltmakers would find useful, please send me an email or leave a comment and as long as your comment is not "no reply" I will contact you via email and will include your tip or suggestion in the next column. (I will give you credit in the article and if you have your own blog, I will provide a link to you as part of the monthly column)
Thanks so much! I am so glad to be doing this project as I believe that the things we know should be passed along to those around us who are interested.
So the newest and first installment has been posted on the Members Page. And thank-you so much for Reading!!