A few weeks back I got some new crochet books and I have been experimenting and testing out the stitches and motifs in the books.
I got hooked on a particular ROUND motif. I really liked the looks of it and it was such a simple one to do over and over, without having to refer to the pattern all the time. It is Number 28 in the book (Beyond the Square, Crochet Motifs)
I made 10 motifs and then hit on an idea for a scarf and made another 10 motifs except leaving off the last two rounds. I didn't even change yarn colour, because the yarn was a very colourful RedHeart varigated.
My Husband doesn't like it at all, but then he said it looks okay laid out as a decoration, but he doesn't think anyone would wear such a thing... Hmmmf!
I would have liked to make it longer, but I ran out of that yarn -- which I got in the USA and have not seen it locally, so I think the scarf will have to stay as it is.
I do think that it will take a special person with a certain style to wear this, someone a little flamboyant (not me, I think) so I am going to list it in my MainlandPearls etsy shop HERE