Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Super Summer Snippy Challenge - Part NINE

Rolling right along!  Sometimes I scare myself at the pace I am going!   I did get another quilt top put together and it is not a small one like I was planning.  This one even has a planned placement and planned colour lines.   I still used squares that I had cut previously but somewhat coordinated how the squares were set in each block.  As you can see, similar squares run at a diagonal across the quilt.  I had started to set them together in a "trip around the world" setting but it didn't work out very well, so the diagonal placement it became.


My hubby really liked this one and said I should finish it and keep it -- then I reminded him we already had quilts in the closet...

So, the Statistics for this quilt are:

The whole quilt top measures 62 x 76 inches - a generous twin size.

I has 320 - 3 1/2 inch squares pieced together in 16 patch blocks and there are 4 sets of 5 blocks arranged in a diagonal pattern across the quilt.

There is 7 - 2 1/2 x width of fabric strips to make up the sashing between the blocks .

The border fabric has been in my stash FOREVER! and was only 36 inch wide with selvedges that reduced the fabric width to 33 inches.  There were 8 strips of  4 1/2 inch by 33 inches to make the outside border.

I was actually surprised at how quickly this quilt top came together.  The blocks took me about 3 hours to put together 20 blocks and then to arrange and study and admire my work was at least another hour or more!  Adding the sashing and borders took about 4 hours to do, so If I was a working person this would have made a full 8 hour day and $200 bucks in wages....  Yeah, right!



Whew!  this now means I have only one more quilt to succeed at my self imposed challenge and actually 5 weeks still to go -- I haven't yet decided whether the fullfillment of the number of quilt tops will end my challenge or if I will continue until my self imposed time is up, which is the second tuesday of September...   I STILL have alot of 3 1/2 inch squares and other ODD BITS that could be put together into as many tops as I have already done!  Where did I get all this stuff!

Hope everyone is enjoying the fine summer weather!  Are you watching the Olympic Games?