Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Invent Muffin Recipes

I make cake, really well.  I make muffins too.  One of the things about muffins is that with a basic proportion of ingredients you can do anything and it most often (note, I said most often) comes out quite well.

I was sitting and watching Sunday afternoon tv, which means I was watching NOTHING.  Sunday Summer afternoons on TV is when you should just unplug the TV and find something completely different to do, even if you have to resort to taking the dog for a walk.


Or.

You could invent a recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.

Now, generally there is a reason to invent something new and that is because what is available for some reason does not work for you.  In this case, the recipe in the book wanted ingredients that I did not have so a bit of thought created something down right nice!


Here is what I did to make these.
In a large bowl mix together

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal, ground up fine in the coffee grinder

Stir the dry ingredients together really well and add
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Then in a second smaller bowl

measure
 1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg
using a whisk mix together until it is smooth then add
1 cup milk - I used 1% milk
and whisk til smooth and even colour

Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir together -- don't stir too much just so that there are no big dry lumps.

Drop into muffin tins that have been greased or lined with paper muffin liners -- makes 12 large muffins and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.


YUMMM....
PS by the way the inspiration for this project comes from Gramma Coco's blog where she made cookies and explains how to decorate them.  I didn't have cookies but I had flour and peanut butter so worked with what I had!