Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lavender - a new adventure

I don't have much of a yard, but luckily I know people who do have big yards and interesting gardens!

This year I was given the opportunity to harvest some lavender.  I took along my hubby to help with the snipping and the bending over.  He did not do well and I soon sent him off to play ball with Pearl who doesn't often get to run about like a crazy!


Following instructions from a webpage on the internet, I have tied the lavender stalks into bundles.  This shows only a small portion of the lavender I have picked.


I am stringing a line to hang the bundles up in my Living Room.  It apparently takes about a month to dry.   Then the creative part begins! Seems Lavender has many more uses than I expected.  Tea!  Drawer Sachets! Flavouring food!  Must keep on researching...