Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Super Summer Snippy Challenge -- ONE

A thousand squares...
Whewf!
  Would you believe it is not nearly enough? 

  Today, I decided to start on a quilt top that I want to be mostly pink and blue.  So I started to pick through the stacks of already cut squares and there was hardly any BLUE squares cut !  How is that possible?  Greens, Reds, Orange, Black and Purple, but not a one of any real BLUE...  That meant I needed to go back to my scrap box and pull out the blues. There were a few -- quite a few actually.  I just didn't get to them in my first session or two of cutting.

So a bit more cutting of blue scraps and some mixing them up with a variety of light colour or almost white scraps.  I cut from some yardage 24 - 6 and a half inch pink squares, it is actually a 50's reprint and combined with the blues should make a pretty quilt.

This past week I got the first quilt top done.  It is a fairly simple 16 patch with sashing and turned out quite nice...


This is a quick quilt top to put together and it measures about 48  inches by 60 inches.  I spent a couple of mornings sewing the pieces together and it is ALMOST a CHARM quilt, except there are a couple of the prints repeated, maybe about a half dozen, can you find the repeats?   As an  extra for this quilt top I also cut and pressed 250 inches of binding.


Number One Done -- nine more to go!
Will talk again next Monday and report on any progress on this project...