Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Starts

I am working on a project that I have been thinking about for a long time.  Just thinking about some things takes as long as making them!

I have been making things for a lotta years, but rarely  have I ever written down or made a record of what I create when it is something out of my head rather than from a book or magazine.

I have wanted to make myself a lacy crocheted shawl and I have seen some that too me are more than I want to do.  I was at first thinking of a repetitive lacy pattern, but then another idea entered my head and for the last two days I have been working and re working the first half dozen rows of the impending shawl pattern.  It looks like it will take some time to create...  and time to write.

In the meantime...

I  have been planting things in pots and larger containers to make my little townhouse back yard a glorious place to sit on warm summer evenings...


The usual red geraniums.   I have said it before, I plant red geraniums in memory of my Mom and since it is mother's day today was an excellent day to put them into the largest planter pot on my deck.


Petunias, white one's in gallon milk jugs on a towel bar hanging on the fence.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, except a wooden bar with brackets was used, but I only had an old towel bar, so we shall see how it works...   I am hoping that the petunias, grow enough to hide the gallon jugs...


And seedling dahlia's that were really cheap at $2.00 for 6 -- I haven't put this type of dahlia in my container garden before so on speculation I thought that 2 bucks is cheap enough to test them out, tho it takes all season to see how they mature and progress so 2 bucks and time...  I have no idea what the colour is tho,  maybe thats why they were cheap, hmmm?

Right now my whole house is quiet and most every one is having a nap, perhaps I will join them -- my dear hubby tho is out at work so really it is Me and Walter and Archie (the cats) and Pearl (the dog) and you gotta know that cats will curl up and take a nap anywhere and at any time, like wise most dogs....  So, pretending I am an old grey cat I shall follow the trend as it seems to be unfolding in this house...

Oh! and thinking of my Mom on Mother's Day.....