Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Granny Poncho

Yesterday I joined a Crochet-A-Long on Le monde de Sucrette  I received a few balls of Vanna's Choice Yarn for Christmas/Birthday gifts and was planning to start another granny square afghan, but when I saw Angie's post about this Granny Poncho it seemed to fit perfectly what I wanted.

Sometimes I get up really early, like 4:30 am but there is often a bit of a chill in the house and I drag around a quilt wrapped around my shoulders -- seems I can never find a sweater - but there is always a quilt on the back of one of the chairs in the computering room... 

So I figured a granny square poncho can as easily be laid on the back of my computer chair and once it is over my head and on my shoulders, it will stay in place unlike a quilt that keeps sliding off.


So this is the start to my poncho.  I haven't really planned out the colours for it as my other Vanna's Choice Yarns are green and a grey tweed, which won't go with this burgundy.  I am thinking that I would like to "progress" the colours of yarn in wide bands from this burgundy through a even deeper red to a middle then dark brown and onto a black -- I think that is called ombre, when the colours progress from light to dark or the other way around.

I am also linking up to The Needle and Thread Network  and Freshly Pieced.

Today, is a day at home, so I will be working on my granny poncho and doing some furniture organizing in my sewing room.  I am planning to  build/create a ironing surface on top of a old dresser (a project I saw somewhere on the internet).   This hopefully will eliminate an old rickedy ironing board that I found about 10 years ago sitting by a neighbourhood garbage bin...  Yeah, if its a good enough find, I do take home other people's junk!

PS.  and if you have found me through the two WIP links, check back in my blog to the previous post about my adventure to the Fibre Fest here in Abbotsford last weekend and the project that I created after learning a bit about rug hooking.