Did you ever hear what George Carlin had to say about Stuff? Life is trying to find a place to keep your Stuff -- that's what your house is, a place to keep your stuff... (check out You Tube for a video of George talking about Stuff)
Well, some of my Stuff, though it is not really in the way seems to be spending its time in boxes being forgotten about and even though these pretty things once made me happy to just look at I don't seem to have enough shelves so I can look at my THINGS...
So some of the things in these cardboard boxes in closets or the basement has just been sitting for too long. I have come to the conclusion that these pretty things have worn out their welcome in my house...
It seems like I have been in front of the computer for hours every day this week! I have been adding things to my ETSY (just click on the word etsy if you are curious to see more) store.
Sometime in the late eighties I began collecting evening bags. They just caught my eye and in those days, I really did go out to evening 'bashes' and had occassion to wear something pretty! So a collection developed. Then as with some collections, family and friends notice, so when they see something that would go with your collection they pick them up where every they find them and you get additions to your collection for birthdays or christmas or even just cause they thought of you (and isn't that always nice?)
But, I don't go out much anymore and I thought these evening bags could be made useful again. One thing I will tell you, in researching them, I was somewhat surprised that My particular favourites were not particularly sought after... See that gold bag up there? Similar bags, same brand name, were listing on various collectible sites for as much as $99.00! I can't remember where, or how much I paid for it, but certainly not that much.
But I am selling in my shop, I don't price it quite that high, cause I do want to sell it and make someone else happy to wear it and show it off...
Well, my head is getting a bit clogged up this week checking out stuff on the internet. Now that I have achieved one goal this week, my other goal still looms -- it is getting late to be doing income taxes, so that is what is on my agenda now.
Just have to give myself a bit of a kick in the butt, load the tax prep program and get with it. Once I get going it never takes as long as I thought it would, so....
I think I will have a cuppa tea first....