Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Family

The last few days, seem to be centred around my family...

My brother Mike, who is one of the funniest people I know, sent me an email that I just have to share -- but keep in mind that we have a sister who has pretty much disowned both me and Mike.  She has her reasons, tho I don't come close to understanding them.

So, it is my sister's birthday and even tho she doesn't talk to us we still remember her on her important days...

Mike said in his email to me.   " We decided to have a birthday party for Kathleen, we had cake and ice cream and balloons and then we all went bowling.  The best part of the party was we forgot to invite Kathleen!


Now, we don't have any hard feelings for our little lost sister, but we do have our fun when just the right event comes along!  And as you can see she was our special little project, way back when!

The past couple of days are not all sunshine and roses as we did go through a bit of a traumatic event.  It made my heart pound and my stomache churn...

My younger son was in a car accident on his way to work early Saturday morning.  Without going into details, even though it was an accident at high speed on a major freeway, he is walking around and sore and has sustained a couple of injuries that will keep him off work for a bit.   One thing that really surprised me, is that he phoned me first!  Before 911, before anyone!  He said he couldn't even think what to do other than phone his mom!  (I do have to say tho that his main injury was that he had a concussion)  I am so thankful that only the car -- his first car at that, took all the damage and my son is still here to deal with the problems that such an accident causes...


Now, to get on with the week and one thing else I am so very thankful for - a sewing room to go into to relax my mind and let the little difficulties of life disapate while sewing bright happy fabric pieces together!

And of course, the obligatory cat photos... This time Archie is wanting to take centre stage and insists you see him at his best...


And I have to say, here he is too, hugging my shoulder and only as a cat can, he clearly shows the ecstacy of the moment, being held by his 'mom'....



Wishing everyone the happiest of Birthdays and if you can, perhaps go talk to the Mad Hatter and he may arrange a Happy UnBirthday for you if you are needing one.

Now, I am off to make a birthday cake too!  Seems to be the thing to do!  Oh and my cousin Karen is having her birthday too -- and my nieces in Victoria on Thursday, and my friend Gordie had his birthday a week or so ago!  Definately a day for Birthday Cake, don't you think?