I read alot of other crafty blogs but sometimes it takes me a week to get through the list that I have on my RSS feed... Today, I read a blog Made by Rae and she wrote about an epiphany that she experienced...
She is a very insightful lady! She made me realize that not only does it take time to write whatever I am writing about, but because crafting of any sort (including cooking) is very visual, that we need to photograph what we write about. Not only the time to write and photograph, but the time to MAKE what we are writing about! She does explain it very well on her blog, so go visit Made by Rae and read her thoughts (and shared by me) on the subject of writing a crafting blog...
Today, I have no photographs for you, even though I purchased a new camera (just over a week ago)-- a bit better than a regular point and shoot, but not quite a dslr... I always wanted an slr camera, but now that I can afford one, through research and a fair amount of thought, I discovered that a very good point and shoot is quite the right one for me -- so I am practicing and learning how to use it to full advantage -- it is a Canon with 14 mpg's and 14x zoom!
I am working on a few projects, one is a vest and you can find the instructions for it at Raglanguld . I am actually doing this in half double crochet, rather than knitting. A few years back, my sister made an afghan that popped back into my mind when I discovered this vest pattern. My sister, is a wonderful crochet artist, but I am sorry to say, I do not have any photos of her beautiful work so that you might see what I mean. Anyway, the afghan she made was multi colour scrappy bits with black between all the part or full rows of colour. I have the image of that afghan in my head even all this time later -- so I thought I would use that concept to make a vest. So far it is going quite well and I am about 1/3 done. I realized last evening though, that I have no RED! Aw well, that just means I can take a wander over to the second hand store to see if I can find a small ball of red yarn...
So, I will try to get the camera figured out and present a few photos in the next day or two, perhaps my progress on the vest...