Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

My Backyard in Summer (sewing on the deck)

I was going to run some errands this morning while my hubby was doing some volunteer time at the local food bank, but I so love my backyard, I decided that I just could not use those quiet hours for busy stuff that could wait til later in the week....


The easiest thing to keep myself occupied while sitting outside in my backyard is to bring the big purple box of yarn out and then set myself on the swing and crochet the day away...

Today, I didn't feel like picking up the hook, but the day was so perfect I just could not just plain sit.  I managed to get a box of scrappy bits down the stairs and out of the sewing room, then the next trip up and back down again was the bag of scrappy batting bits.
Finally I lugged the Number 2 sewing machine down and set 'er up, and began to apply fabric bits to batting bits.  The idea was to really have no idea, but once you get going the project starts to identify itself -- turns out I am making some crazy quilt type blocks.  I will continue this project for the next few days--leaving the sewing machine and supplies sitting right where it is on the deck.   There has not been any dew in the mornings so a table cloth thrown over the works should protect it as much as it needs overnight.


And one of the wonderful things about sitting outside and sewing away, is that I am constantly greeting visitors who come by for a drink or a few seeds...


And in order to keep Pearl occupied so that I don't have to be interrupted by puppy antics too often, I gave her a chewy thing that she seems to muchly enjoy...