Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weather Stress

I don't particularly like snow -- it makes me bones ache, for one thing and it is He - double hockey sticks to work in!

Seems I may have pulled a muscle, you know the one that runs up the inside of the thigh? Yeah, that one, but I still have to go to work tonight and guess what? The weather guy says there is more snow coming!  Well, tonight I think my working partner will do all the labouring, walking through snow and I will do what I think I am best at -- supervising!

A week ago, one of my favourite walks looked like this.


The creek was a rapid flowing stream and we were getting a fair amount of rain, but I much prefer rain, cause well, the trails are not slippery and crunchy with ice that should only be seen in a tropical cocktail...
But Now we have Snow, did I say I don't like snow?  Working at night is miserable when you have to walk through the kind of mess that developes on the streets and roads -- ah, yes, for you prairie winter mavens, I do understand when you say, its not that bad, but really try keeping the car, or even just your body going down a slope with a curve.... 9 times out of ten, you maybe be backwards or on your butt at the bottom...
It's something that has to be lived through...

Then again....
 it can be very lovely under the protected cedars in the park down the road from me...

Though I am not the only one who is not happy in the snow, the towgees are scratching for any bit of fallen seed, they don't usually have a hot bowl of soup and a fireplace to put the feeties up and near to...