Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Etsy and a Custom Order

I am working to add things to my etsy story and it sure is nice when someone sees what I offer and asks for a slight variation -- A Custom Order!

Now, I do not usually offer custom requests mainly because I do not have a large warehouse of supplies...  Often what I create is "sometimes more than one, but usually less than a few"...  And I do hope that my choice of fabrics and colours is appealing to other eyes.

So this morning I was working on a custom order for a organizer roll for a specific variety of pens, pencils and other office/artistic supplies, all done up in that red background "asian" hydranga print that I had used for an earlier organizer roll.


This roll is a bit bigger than the ones in the store because it needs the right number of spaces.



Well, I sure do hope that Cathy likes her new organizer roll...

IDEAS

Now we all know that "one thing leads to another" so it never ceases to amaze me how you can go from making one thing and then elaborate on the item to enhance or to specialize it.

I get cold feet.

Last night I am sitting in my chair, knitting another toque -- I am starting to get a pretty fair knit stitch now after 4 1/2 toques -- and my toes as usual were cold, even after trying to wrap an extra blanket around them.

Into my head popped a picture of those knitted slippers -- do you remember the kind Gramma used to make?  I became somewhat disappointed in myself because WHY have I not made myself a pair of those slip on knitted slippers for myself?
SO.
I just had to go looking for some yarn and a pair of needles and started on a pair for myself, for me, just for little ole me!

Shouldn't take too long...