Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

ungrading by instruction

You probably know that I have an Etsy store (check out the side bar and click on an item to take yourself to the store).  Etsy sends out emails on a almost too often basis -- I barely keep up!  The emails include ideas and instruction or send you to instructions of how to improve one's store.  Well, yesterdays email was the beginning of a series of how to improve the look of a store, how to get people to recognize who and what you are and what to do to get you started on that path.

So, for a change I am going to make and effort to "go with the flow" and see if I can improve "my look" and perhaps make my shop somewhat recognizeable.  The first thing was to create a banner for the shop -- and that lead me to a photo manipulating website, picnik.com which is recommended by picasa. com a great little photo storing program that I have on my computer.  Anyway, I only manipulated one photo, of some threads that I bought a few months back while I was in Winnipeg, MB at a second hand store.

My thoughts on choosing that photo is because most of what I do needs some sort of thread with which to create it, so thread seems to be part of my "branding" image.

I have also placed the same image here on this blog so as to tie the two together, to make them recognizably linked.

My banner at the top of this page has been blank for awhile, so if you have noticed that small change, I wouldn't mind if you leave a comment to let me know what you think, should it be brighter?  should it be larger? would you do something that I have not thought of?   What do you think of the chosen font?  Give me some ideas and hints if you have them...

Now back to knitting a toque...