Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Nothing in Particular


I can hardly believe it has been a whole week since I wrote anything!  In my defense, I have lately become a tad more busier with a variety of things in my life.

Weekends I usually insist on an adventure.  Most adventures are merely a drive to somewhere to take a walk or maybe even to a specialty store to do a bit of shopping.  This past Sunday, we did both.
I saw a magazine online that I had not noticed before and when I did a search, it said that it was available at a store in Langley, BC.  Langley is about 35 kms west of where I live so about a half hour drive.  Unfortunately, the internet is not always a complete reference.  The store in Langley, had not even heard of this magazine, which I did find strange because the magazine is geared to the paper arts and the store in Langley was heavily stocked with items for the scrapbooking, paper arts, cardmaking hobbies.
I am not really "into" those things, but many of those ideas and items can lend themselves to quiltmaking.
So, I was very surprised that the store sales people did not know the magazine and in fact did not even know the publisher (Stampington)!


The drive to Langley, though, was not a total waste as we decided to take Pearl for a walk at a small park on the way back, Aldergrove Lake Regional Park.  It has a nice little "swimming hole" that is in fact way too crowded for me on summer weekdays, but sunday mornings are quiet and deserted...


And Pearl, loves those walks in new half wild trails -- the smells! Oh, the smells, must be so enticing to a dog's nose!
After the walk in the park, we headed to Pearl's newest thing...  She started obedience lessons!  She is past being ready for lessons, but she does aim to please.  As you can see, she looks so very handsome sitting at attention.  You can almost see her asking, WHAT?

PLAN 52

Ha!  You thought I forgot about that didn't you?!   I am not nearly as successful with my weightloss program as I would like to be, so I have instigated a new plan.  A Personal Trainer!  Well, no, but not far from it.  A Boss.  Now I prefer not to have a BOSS, but one thing about me, is when I make a promise I do follow through.  I am very good at keeping promises, even when it sometimes becomes very difficult -- so now I have learned to not make big promises...
Except this is a pretty big promise, considering my illness of the past two years...  I am back to the point where I can keep this promise, so I am putting time in as an underling for a few hours, three days a week.  It is A Lot of walking and for this first 6 days, I am feeling it in my arms and my abs and my hips -- seems the feets are okay, so it is not so much that the feets are wore out, but enough that the body obviously is exerting itself... WHEW!  So a renewal of the Plan 52 effort and hopefully a show of results in the next few months...

Today

It looks like I have a day to myself, so any moment now, I am headed up to the sewing room, in hopes of creating a few items for the SHOP and maybe even do some experimentation in the KITCHEN...