Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Creative Space...

There is a very interesting blog that has a thing called a Link Party.  This is where, if you have a blog of a certain subject, that you can place a link of your own particular blog and people who are interested can come visit and perhaps become a regular reader of your blog.

Kooyotoo features a "link party" every Thursday.  So after many weeks, of checking out dozens and dozens of other crafty type blogs, I thought I would add Susan Being Snippy to the list...

Go to http://www.kootoyoo.com/ where you can see this list.

Now, I have been thinking about what can I put to fit into the subject and put my own link onto this link party?  Well now, since I have not before added my blog, I thought that I would show a bit of my own creative space...

Now, remember, I have been sewing and quiltmaking for a rather intimidating number of years - more years than I have been married -- and that is getting to be alot of years -- in only 9 more years I will be married longer than my parents were married.  Okay enough about big numbers.  Other than saying that it is alot of experience, the negative side of big numbers is that it is OLD... Well, maybe call it Vintage, eh?

So.  The inside of some of the drawers that I keep stuff in...


How many different kinds of needles can one sewist use?


Buttons, Beads, bells...


Glue Gun and stuff (and a photo from 1979 of my hubby!)
and a small wooden ruler that my father had in his toolbox when I was a child...


one of a half dozen drawers full of thread -- why so much thread?  I shop at garage sales and 2nd hand stores and any opportunity to stock up has become a bit of an over abundance!



Rick Rack, Ribbons, cording, seam binding, you just never know when you might need it -- again an over abundence simply because of garage sales and second hand stores!

Hey, just a thought, wouldn't a couple of these photos make interesting Jig Saw Puzzles?