Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Baby Bunny and The Alternative

New babies.  What a WONDERMENT...


There happens to be a new baby boy introduced to this world we live in and I am sure that special little man will brighten and bring joy to the lives around him...

The world has changed hugely since I had babies in my life on a daily basis.  The Rules about and for and with babies have changed and though I have read about these changes, I don't have to think about them on a daily basis.

So. I thought I would make a little gift for this Wonderment.  I had in my stash of goodies in  my  sewing room, some lovely creamy white polar fleece so I thought I would use it to make a soft and squishy little teddy, which after searching some books for a pattern, I decided would be a soft and squishy bunny with blue eyes...

I drew the pattern and transfered it to the fabric.  I sewed the fabric pieces together.  I hand embroidered the little eyes and nose.  It  was very soft and squishy.  Then I went to my kitchen and stopped to read a bit of the newspaper....

A little feature in the paper was about  children's  toys,  especially about certain fabrics being illegal to use for toys for children.  It got me to thinking...  It would not be right to give this New and Wonderful little man something that could potentially harm him...  So I did some more  thinking.  Especially about how the world and the Rules have changed-- and that those changes are for the good of our children. 

So. I decided  that the New Baby Bunny is not a good gift to give to a Wonderment of a real Baby Boy, even if it is soft and squishy and cute.  So. 


I gave the New Baby Bunny to Pearl! Now, I don't think the same rules apply to Doggie Toys as they do to Children's  Toys.

Pearl happily tugged the  New Baby Bunny out of my hands and ran down to the end of the Patio Deck and laid down  working her new teethes into the New Baby Bunny's arms and ears --she didn't care one bit that it was white because she even took the  New Baby Bunny to the corner garden and attempted to bury it in  the MUD!  But she liked the New Baby Bunny too much to just leave it there so she dug it up and went back to hugging and nawing on its soft and squishy arms.



Now, this left a bit of a void, where there once was a pretty soft and squishy New Baby Bunny, now there was a quickly turning grubby and dirty and chewed on soft and squishy dog toy...

So, back to the drawing room...

How about something that this wonderful new baby boy could use in his travels with his Mommy?  Yep, maybe that would work.
So Oscar James, here is something that falls within the new rules and I sure do hope that you will like it...



personalized, just for you, Oscar James!  I know your Mommy likes the old Dick and Jane stories, so the back pocket on this zippered pouch is of the children from our Canadian Grade 1 and 2 Readers from the 1950's...


with an easy to grab ribbon to pull the zipper open and closed, to keep all those little necessities that just have to be carried with you where ever you may go...