Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

After a LONG Break -- Work in Progress...

Definately a stack of new projects and projects that were put aside that are now being worked on!

Now because of much furniture moving and stash reductions, I have done very little in the way of sewing, but this past weekend I have picked up a couple of project that have been sitting on the 'TO DO" shelf...

First up and first in line is the continuation of the MANY TRIPS AROUND THE WORLD "kick" that so many Modern Quilt Blogs were doing last year...  I did one small one and donated it to my guild's charitable quilts program, but still had and have many 3.5 inch squares cut from fabric scraps so picking up the idea of SPRING I am working on these 25 patch blocks... so far there are 17 blocks made, I am hoping to make 30 so that the complete quilt will measure about 75 x 90, without borders... Maybe I will do a border, maybe not...


 



Another project, that really is not my own, was given to me by a friend who is unable to complete it -- so I am tasked with the challenge of finding a solution and a setting for these applique blocks...  The applique is done with a small zig zag and the pieces were fused to the background fabric...  This is NOT my favourite method....  I am thinking that I might make these into a long narrow wall hanging, rather than a more conventional table topper or baby quilt...  Any ideas?  I am still mostly just 'THINKIN' on what and how to put these together!
 
 
 

 
Another project that really is just about done, is what I am thinking of as a cat nap mat...
Just scraps done in random strips, framed with more scraps to make a "placemat" size mat -  it is backed with a scrap bit of flannel that was just the right size.  It is destined for someone elses place tho, so I really don't know how they might choose to use it!  Only the binding is left to do on this project...
 
 

 And those Works in Progress should keep me well occupied for a while!  Here's hoping that they progress to the point of FINISH!