I have had a bit of a different idea for quite sometime and an opportunity to put this idea into effect seems to have presented itself...
Barbara Brackman, will be starting a series of 36 blocks in April. These blocks will have a connection with the time and stories of Jane Austen, so I was thinking that I would like to follow along and make each of the blocks that she presents on one of her blogs at http://austenfamilyalbumquilt.blogspot.ca/
Now the difference for me, is that I do not plan to create a quilt from the blocks. I am thinking I will create a quilt block book. I plan to make each block, as she posts them, put a border, and a binding and quilt each one, so that each block is a small finished quilt of its own. Then I would like to sew the blocks together in pages to make a book of quilt blocks...
Thats the plan.
I have too many scraps tho... So I don't think that I will adhere to any particular colour or time constraints. Each block that I create in this series will likely be a choice of fabrics from my stash that suits me in the moment...
Let's see how this pans out, eh?
Mind you, I have a few fabrics, that just might be a 'common' theme through the blocks in this Quilt Along -- I am definately not going with Jane Austen era fabrics and prints... I really like that red/gold/brown and have had it for quite awhile on my "use for the next quilt" pile, so there it is again!
Perhaps you might have the inclination to follow along with this project? It begins April 6 and spans 36 weeks...