As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have decided to go with making a quilt which will be lap size, because that is about what the available strips and squares will allow unless I go hunting up some extra yardage of this fabric design. So it is Boxy Stars as the pattern I am using...
Now after getting a few of these blocks made up, I am not sure that the amount of fabric is quite enough for 12 blocks with sashing... I may have to settle for 9 blocks... Which might leave enough to make a piano key outside border? Do you plan out every step to a quilt? Or do you "wing it"? I find I am the kind of person to " wing it" and sometimes I certainly don't end up with what I imagined at the beginning. I keep doing things that way though, so I must find it to work well enough for me. I should be further along later in the week and can show you how it is coming together.
In the meantime and inbetween the Boxy Squares and knitting mittens --- which reminds me --- I had a dream about knitting these mittens --- I dreamt I was knitting these mittens, grey and fuzzy, for my brother who lives in COLD COLD Winnipeg. Now, in the dream I heard on the tv weather channel that the tempurature in Winnipeg would be +22 C (that is about +70 F) so I thought, why am I knitting mittens for him? He needs a palm tree in his back yard! --- Now do you have weird dreams like that? Should I continue with the mittens? Today, for real, the tempurature is supposed to be -5C (which is 26 F)...
So as I was saying, inbetween sewing and knitting, I made a fabric postcard, as part of a monthly exchange I am in; the theme for the month of February was Your favourite Love Song... It was an easy choice for me... My favourite love song...
Can you guess?
Wild Horses by the Rolling Stones 1971, but I also love Susan Boyle's version of the song done on her first album a couple of years ago...
Now, I think I will go work on the last few rows of those mittens and perhaps get them finished up, because I am thinking I would like to get back to learning to knit socks!
Gee, there are alot of "to do" things on my list of aspirations...