Now, while I have been unwell with that flu I have managed to do a few little things -- and the best part of little things is that evenually they add up to bigger and bigger things.
While I was at our guild retreat a couple of weekends back, I did some piecing of 2 1/2 inch squares -- and like I have said before when I complete a project, I often cut up the left over fabric into squares or strips to be used sometime later. Well like the shoe box full of 3 1/2 inch squares, I have a shoebox full (and overflowing) of 2 1/2 inch squares! I took those squares with me to the retreat weekend and put together most of these 30 blocks and pressed and squared up the edges this morning -- the block is called a
Five Patch Chain and are a 10 inch square block. These 30 blocks have barely made a dent in the shoebox! These blocks will be listed in my
etsy shop in the next day or so at a VERY good price...
The other day, I blogged about a few links, one from the blog
Crochet with Raymond about crochet flowers, so I have been busily making few of the flowers (I haven't got to making the leaves because I have no green yarn!) so my progress in the 5 pointed flowers are looking alot like stars aren't they?
One of the "gifts" that I received as a participant at my guild's retreat was a personalized mug rug! I totally forgot to mention it when I wrote about the retreat. One of the organizing group for the retreat spent alot of time putting together these great little "rugs" and I use it every morning beside my keyboard! Wouldn't a little "protector" like this make you feel DARN special? So to the maker, THANK-YOU so much for this!
This week, I will be featuring a GUEST BLOGGER! I have never had anyone as a guest on my blog, so I hope you enjoy what she has to say! She is not a quilter, but is an EXPERT and a wonderful writer... Come back on Wednesday for her feature, please.
Now to get back to playing around with little things...