Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Not Quite... up to Par

I did say that I would post something for Saturday, particularly on the subject on Inventory...  Well, like the title there says, I really haven't got myself up to par yet and did not even go into the sewing room for any length of time in the past few days...

But I have found a few things that made me smile and got my "creative juices" going (although I haven't done much about it)...

Here is a blog that I visit regularly, Snowcatcher, that is mainly about making crochet stars and ornaments, but this time she has posted a 1923 video (direct from Paris!) about rollerblading?

Check this out, you can't help but smile and be amazed...

http://www.snowcatcher.net/2012/02/friday-funny_17.html

And if you are wanting to start on Christmas 2012 decorations, read back in her blog and start a few thread crochet tree ornaments...

Here is a bit of crochet, that I have been working on lately, from another blog that I read regularly -- Crochet With Raymond (raymond is a cat and they live in New Zealand...

This is a tutorial for 5 petal flower and leaves and how to make them into a brooch -- I have found this to be an easy and relaxing project and speaking of Christmas AGAIN -- this is still only February isn't it?  Well, I have in mind these little brooches, slightly adjusted with my own "take on it" as Christmas wrap decorations...

Check out these little flowers -- especially if you have bits of yarn scraps laying about...

http://crochethealingandraymond.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/pointy-petal-flower/

Here's another little flower; this time made with fabric, glue and beads or buttons. So if there is not yarn in your crafty inventory, this flower is what you can make with some of those lovely scraps from your last quilt, or from your last 10 quilts for that matter.

Go to http://www.womansday.com/home/craft-ideas/diy-style-fabric-flower-charm-85151?click=main_sr  for a bit of charming inspiration!

Have a great Inspirational Sunday!