Part One of Two parts of Round Three is posted... Whew, sounds complicated. Well, not really. Click on the Medallion Quilt Along Tab at the top of the page and check it out if you like.
Now other than that...
This morning, I made a bunch of pot holders!
My Friend Helen gave me some fabrics that she could not find a use for. Neither could I! For the longest time! The only reason I know Helen gave me the piece of fabric is cause I wrote on a piece of masking tape and stuck it on a corner... Well, that bit of fabric fell out of the drawer the other day and I had just been thinking of making placemats but these were way to small for placemats and then I realized I have been hoarding about a 1/2 meter of thermal batting -- the fabric and the batting together were just about right. So with just doing a turn over or pillow style I put front, back and batting together and had eight nice size (7" x 10") pot holders -- oh and a light bulb moment told me to use a cut up unused blue boot lace as the loop for the potholders! Worked great. So these 8 potholders will go into my guilds quilt show boutique -- I'll tell you about the quilt show in a day or two -- YOU ARE INVITED!
The other CREATION is one of those weird things that I make now and then and I wonder if I just wasted time, supplies and money. Well, since I haven't decided even if I like it. Take a Look.
Don't look at my wrinkledy neck -- well, I know you can't help it. But anyway, I made a summer scarf. Who wears a scarf in summer? It is really really long and goes around me (and thats a long way around) at least three times. It is nice summery, sort of ice cream colours tho and it is crocheted with a rather nice cotton yarn... It is a bit frilly for me, I am not a frilly person. It isn't for warmth, just for pretty. I am trying to decide what to do with it tho...
And. Last year I got a few strawberry plants and put them in a pot. They will give me afew berries I think! I can hardly wait! There are about a dozen blooms on it.... num-num-num...