Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Echth... (means I am feeling ucky today)

But, I wanted to pass along a link that those who embroider might find somewhat amusing but also VERY useful.

Go check out this ingenious method for winding embroidery thread onto those sorta plasticy cardboard bobbins....

http://littleloveliesbyallison.blogspot.com/2011/05/embroidery-part-2.html

Then once I read through the whole process I was wondering if this trick might work for those small leftover bits of yarn?

And since I have been feeling a bit low I sent my husband out to rent me a couple of movies...  I did check the local video store online new releases and then phoned ahead to get the clerk to hold the movies til my sweetie (who could get lost in all those titles) went to pick it up and bring it home just for me...

So for a change, both movies were entertaining and I would actually recommend one if you like a bit of a mystery and a bit of a life story along with a "period piece"--  Tennesee in the 1930's. The movie is described as a true tall tale.  Very excellent acting by Robert Duvall (one of my favourite cowboys -- think Lonesome Dove)  Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray as a serious funeral director and a grown up child actor Lucas Black (remember the tv series Eerie, Indiana?)   Well, excellent, very excellent...  Oh yeah, the movie title is GET LOW.

This is a somewhat eclectic blog post so take a look at my recent thrifty find -- actually a church parking lot sale.  I paid $2 and it sits nailed to my back fence...


and it now sits just down the fence from my other 'birdhouse' lighthouse that I got late last fall in a garage sale just down the street from our house...

Hoping tomorrow I have the energy to continue with the Medallion Quilt Along...