Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Dog's Job

It seems Pearl has taken it upon herself to be the designated bottle and can picker upper in our public parks.

It has long been my practice and I have managed to get my hubby doing it too -- picking up those bottles and cans and admittedly, it is for the monetary reward they offer, not just because I am trying to be more conscience of my environment.  Tho, that is a nice side effect.

Pearl has learned to SNIFF out those bottles and cans and tends to find more than she can carry and often more than my husband can help her carry.  When they came home with 6 cans ( 30 cents!)  we decided it was time to figure out a carry system. 



Here she is with her own saddlebags, they are fairly small, but can fit two cans or bottles on each side and the straps fit snuggley across her chest and under her belly.   She is not yet used to the contraption, but with a few walks I am sure she will enjoy her "Job" even more.
I do have some alterations to make, perhaps a wider, but no deeper bag for each side and then she will easily carry a half dozen empties -- and perhaps her own bottle with water for those extra long summer walks...