I don’t generally post lists of things, but I thought that since we are getting close to Christmas some gift ideas might be in order.
Some of these have been posted earlier in the year on other blogs whose whole purpose is to give you ideas and things to read, and some of them are sites that I return to on a regular basis either to remind myself of a project that I have already done at some time in the past or a new idea that seems to be just right as a gift for a friend or relative.
Check out these and hopefully one or two will be useful and help fill in your Christmas giving gift list.
http://www.oneshetwoshe.com/2010/09/lunch-money-cuff-tutorial-she-christie.html I really like this one for a quick and easy stocking stuffer for those in between kids “tweens” that are finished with toys, but not quite ready for the full adult version of a product.
Décor? This could be a fun project to share with a grandchild to learn about crochet - or if you are a beginner crocheter, try out this for a way to perfect your expertise and to recycle some older tree baubles and to decorate for Christmas -- three purposed project!
http://meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com/2010/11/pips-crocheted-christmas-baubles-as.html
This is an especially nice Chef’s Apron Pattern, you just use measurements to make the patter or simply go direct to sewing this design. Free and easy and can work for yourself while making Christmas Dinner or perhaps make one for the BBQ season and your own BBQ chef?
http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/apronpattern1.pdf
Here is a ’blog that every Monday features a crochet snowflake pattern. I especially love the one recently posted here http://snowcatcher.blogspot.com/2010/11/starflake-monday.html if you look on the side bar and click on Snow Flake Patterns it will bring you to all the blog posts of the many different designs this writer has made and given instruction for.
Also on the sidebar is Snow Flakes for Kids to colour -- print these out to keep the younger crowd busy…
Here's a tip from Naptime Quilter of Calgary -- she shows how to create your own little tool for cleaning the lint from the bobbin area of your sewing machine. Get and Keep your sewing machine running smooth for all that christmas sewing -- go to http://naptimequilter.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-favourite-lint-tool.html
Want or need some hints on making chicken stock (do turkey stock the same way)? Check Small Notebooks instructions and you should be successfull everytime and have a lovely stock for future soups... http://smallnotebook.org/2010/11/12/chicken-stock-recipe/
Well, this is a good start, but no one wants to spend too much time wandering about the internet, so I will leave you with these 6 links, and will post more in the coming weeks -- all links that will in someway be useful as we approach Christmas...