So, since I was so busy, I should explain my week long absence from blogland, or should I?
Cats and Hats and Unicorns
One of the things that took up my time was polishing my Brass Unicorn... Mostly I don't get attached to THINGS. Mostly Things are just THINGS and when they have no useful function, they don't stay in my house for long. But my Brass Unicorn was a wanted THING long before I had him. Large Brass ornaments were a "wanted" type of thing, way back in the early 1980s... I used to go to a department store (Eatons that no longer exists) and wish to be an owner of a large brass floor ornament. They cost way too much! Then about 10 years ago or so -- I found mine... Yes, FOUND it, not bought it, though I do believe it was meant to go to a local Salvation Army store... Early in the day, in the days when I actually went to work, I was on my way to work and glanced out my driver side window and a bright reflection caught my eye -- no traffic, so I stopped and being the garbage picker that I am, there in the ditch lay my brass unicorn... Mine, all mine!
I guess someone was taking a pile of things to the second hand store and perhaps got lazy... There was a bag of clothing and a box of other little do dads -- all those I picked up too and did take them over to the Salvation Army drop box, but I kept the brass unicorn! So this past week I spent a good couple of hours, shining him up with a newly purchased bottle of brass cleaner and now he happily gleams while standing in front of the stack of cd's cabinate...
This definately was a week of shopping. Just for the exercise, mind you, my hubby and I decided to go over to the local flea market and bought a few things that just happened to be there just waiting for us, cause we needed them...
My hubby has been trying to keep things in a falling apart wallet for a few months now, and mentioning now and then that he needs a new wallet. Well, at one of the first tables in the flea market the vendor had dozens and dozens of wallets, leather ones, all for $10 or $15 each. Hubby found just the right one for him and paid the man his $10...
Next we wandered along the aisles and when my husband gets behind I know he has stopped to look at stacks of cds... There were ALOT of cds at this weeks flea market. I even picked up one. I am somewhat partial to blues and folk music, and there staring at me on one rack was a Robert Johnson cd -- I had never actually heard Robert Johnson but often heard of him -- take a chance and spent $5 -- so I carried home some new to me music -- my hubby also found a Eric Clapton that he at one time had on cassette tape, and a Huey Lewis that he had been hunting for for quite some time... We thought we found all the treasures we needed...
For the longest time, the cat - ARCHIE has been needing a new post to scratch on -- he and his companion Fossie have been tearing apart the carpet (it is old) on the basement stairs... Now a new post made by a local fellow that makes and sells these stands at a much more reasonable price than the pet supply chain stores -- and not made in China or somewhere else... $40 bucks and my ARCHIE is totally happy as you can see...
So those couple of things don't take a whole day or even everyday of the week, but truly there were things to keep me busy...
I did some sewing...
I went to Bellingham, WA to pick up a few things -- particularly fabric and batting...
I had the usual Dr. appointments, that always take longer than they should...
I absolutely had to go for a walk in the rain, at the park...
I bought topsoil and soil for my dozen or so containers for flowers and herbs on my back deck...
And I nagged my husband to sort out stuff in the basement attic... (most people call it the basement rafters)
So, yep, I was busy...