I am one lucky, lucky girl...
Late Monday afternoon a huge -- I mean HUGE box arrived for me. It came from my aunt who lives in Manitoba. I am not even going to question how much it must have cost for her to send this huge box to me. I am sure glad she did, though. Now the whole box is not full of lace, some really interesting lengths of it, but sort of dawnting or since I am not sure how to spell that -- lets just call it overwhelming! I am not one for frilly things or girly girl things so the lace was quite the dilemna. But, being the creative and enquiring mind that I am, I just progressed an idea that I have been playing around with using the selvedges from fabrics and instead of selvedges I translated it into laces...
So, I sewed a selection of laces onto some of the fabric that also happened to be in the box - some solid colour poly cottons. In fact the laces are easier to sew onto the fabric than the selvedges because the lace is wider and doesn't take quite so many -- the work goes faster.
And the next step was to make something with the newly created fabric.
Easy Peasy as Jamie Oliver is known to say. I covered a dollar store address book and doesn't it look like just the prettiest address book you can want?? A perfect place to keep all your best girlfriends names and cell phone numbers and of course email addresses...
This one, though I am mailing off to-day to my aunt in winnipeg as a bit of a thank you for her thoughtfulness when it comes to clearing out her 'stash'...