Yep, as they used to say -- I think, it implied that women were a bit air headed or flighty -- that it was a woman's perogative to change her mind... Today, though in most cases a changeable mind is a good thing.
So the new quilt is not going to be based on that churn dash block -- regardless how much I like it, it just did not want to set up nicely in that scrappy type of quilt -- I guess the block is more suited to about 4 strong fabric contrasts with a sashing and wide borders, not a scrappy block with no sashing in between. I have not put a picture up today because the new organization of fabrics in rectangles, squares and triangles is not as yet "set in stone" so by the end of the weekend I should have made that decision and perhaps have a good part of the quilt top put together...
Now. Another dilemna. Fabricland, which is pretty much the only large fabric store (chain) in the province, maybe even in the western part of Canada, is closing out their local store, though they are planning to reopen when they find a suitable retail space, and because of that, they are having clearence of pretty much everything in the store.... 70% off is pretty excellent pricing when it comes to getting those quilting tools -- today I bought myself a new 24 x 36 cutting mat for just over $32.00 usually priced around 150.00 -- along with that I picked up fabrics about 15 meters worth. Thats not all, a couple of rulers--12 1/2 x 12 1/2 and a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2... Is there more I need to stock up on? You bet there is! But some things are sold out already -- not a spool of white or beige or black or grey thread of any type to be found in the store! Also I am thinking buying alot of fabric is not really a good choice unless I am buying the fabric as quilt backing because as trends change and even my own colour preferences change too much of this past seasons fabrics may bog me down and at some future point I may resent having some of these fabrics in my stash along with the guilt that I should use what I have before going out and buying more... So I am not looking at feature fabrics for future quilts but fabric that "reads as solids" or are relatively neutral so that they will be good for the backing on future quilts... It is rather difficult though even to choose those types of fabrics cause even though I tend to make twin or lap size quilts , will I need a 5 meter piece or 7 or maybe even 10 meters to use on the back... Well, I may take a wander back to the store on Monday just to check out what might still be on the shelves and do I want any of it??? I will certainly be thinking for the next little while.