Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Promises

Aw, well, I didn't get back to you on Monday -- but I was ever so busy!

I had christmas presents to wrap and box up to ship to the nieces and their daughters... I don't generally do very much for Christmas, but that is one thing I enjoy -- finding things for little girls is a new adventure to me. Dresses and purses and dolly type things. Pink and purple and bright bright blue!


Then my long suffering spouse finally caught me in a soft moment and I agreed it was time to replace our 22 year old RCA stereo TV. We bought it in the spring of 1987 for $999.99 with our tax refund for that year... It was the biggest and best TV we had ever had. After a bit of shopping, not too much, actually, my husband chose a 32" Sony HD and who knows what else, for only $479. I say only because compared to the old RCA the new Sony has bells and whistles not even thought of 22 years ago! Only down side, is we have to wait for the cable company to come and bring and hook up the digital box so we can benefit from all the extra channels available.

But really all that did not take up the whole day, not nearly...

Up here in the Pacific Northwest we are generally in our RAINY season, but yesterday it turned cold, brrrrrrr, cold...
The rain means cloud, doesn't it? In fact, in my little townhouse even a sunny day has not particularly been very sunny for our neighbour has had three very large trees in their yard that just happened to block any chance of sun even on the sunniest of sunny days. Well, in August just past we went away on a bit of a holiday, and when we came back, the first thing we noticed was NO TREES! Until I saw those three trees removed I did not realize how much of the daylight we had been lacking...

NOW......

Archie, our three year old siamese craves the kitchen window sill every morning when the sun peeks out. Today, even with the cold - it is almost 8 degrees below zero CELSIUS.... He is basking in the sun and enjoying the smells and freshness. Can you imagine a more luxurious and happy existance?

NOW.


Where my kitchen used to be gloomy and always feeling cold, I am inspired to make a double batch of oatmeal and raisen drop cookies.
There might be quilting done later today, but for now I am going spend an hour or two or maybe even three creating cookies in my wonderful sunny happy kitchen.
Posted by Picasa