Gee, there is SO MUCH to get organized! Working, creating in a jangle of fabric is possible and I have been doing it, but as things get put in its proper place, the projects become easier to form in my head and the tools and supplies are easier to put together for a project. On Tuesday, I received two middling size boxes of MORE fabric! Alot of scraps and christmasy fabrics along with about 4 unfinished projects started by the lady who passed along this bonanza... How much fun is it to look through then sort in colour or type a stack of new to me fabic - LOTS OF FUN! I decided that with all that fabric I could call a few of my quilting buddies and offer them a pick through of the fabrics too... Everyone of them took home a small stack of their favourites! But before they came over, I added a box of quilting magazines to the give away pile -- and some of those went off to a new home too! Better in hands that will make use of them than sitting in a box at the back of a closet...
One of the unfinished project cried to be complete, so I spent about 3 hours finishing this little quilt. The top was already done and even the batting was packed with it, so I put on a backing and cross hatch quilted the centre "trip around the world" area on my machine, and free motion quilted a string of hearts all around the border, picked out another fabric from the boxes and put on the binding. It is just a crib size quilt so did not take much to finish up. Now, today, I think I will take it over to the lady who passed along those boxes of fabrics to me...
Today, back to reorganizing and cleaning project -- I better be quick because another interruption of gifted fabrics could render the project at hand impossible if I find another quilt that is in need of finishing -- as if I don't have enough WiP's of my own!